Wednesday, December 4, 2013

RIP Pimp C.

While today I celebrate another year of life for one king, I also celebrate the legacy of another.  Dec 4th 2007, we lost Pimp C.  Pimp C means a lot to me for several reasons.  Pimp C is a product of the same community I am from, Port Arthur, TX.  Ironically, he branched out to Houston to begin his career and so am I.  My community isn't exactly the best but, by seeing the legacy he had began lets me know that it is possible to achieve greatness.  The entire UGK movement is so inspirational to me.  I see how Bun B has transformed his rapper aspirations into so many amazing projects. I just still am in amazement of how a group out of my community was able to impact the entire world.  I know from their examples one day, I as well as so many of my peers throughout my community can achieve this. I am so blessed that God gave my city inspiration through this man.



'A LOT OF CLONES BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE SWEET JONES'....PIMP C



His legacy will never be forgotten.  His legacy will continue to inspire me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment